Wednesday 18 April 2007

A Perfect Day

A Perfect Day

‘Just a perfect day, feed animals in the zoo …
… Oh it’s such a perfect day, I’m glad I spent it with you …
… Problems all left alone …
… You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good …’

Lou Reed.

How often have you given a client a perfect day? A failing parent, a service user can be given something that will help them to forget themselves, think they are someone else, someone good.

Remember learning about modelling when you were at college. Remember that teaching consists of showing, telling, modelling, doing with and finally letting go.

Go on, give a client a perfect day, model responses, be upbeat, positive, focus on their positives, explore their strengths, show them who they really are, show them what life can be like, show them the sun, break down the barriers.

Be a social worker.

‘You’re going to reap just what you sow.’

If you sow fear, you will live with fear.

Visit my website: www.another-way.co.uk

No comments: